Monday, April 6, 2009

The Taper Begins...

Today is the first day of my Boston 09 taper. I get a little crazy. All the running, all the training, all the everything...and now I cut back and relax. Right.

I go into this on a very positive note. I ran 17 on Sunday, with the racing shoes. My first mile was sub 9 minutes, then mile two, then mile three. Then I decided to to do some marathon pace miles. Do them until I couldn't hang on anymore, or I hit 17 miles.

I saw a lot of sub 8's when I glanced at my watch, but nothing could prepare me for my garmin review when I hit 17. My average, for 17 miles, was 8:05 per mile. I started to cry, first with joy, then with fear that I had peaked...: -)

Sunday, I set out for 8 with JW and BJ at the river. Bill and I ended up with 7.5 averaging a little over 9 minutes per mile. Very little pain or soreness. I finished the day with a pilates class.

I declare myself ready for Boston 09!!

So day 1 of race day weather obsession: Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment