Monday, April 13, 2009

Not all anxiety is in your head...: - )

It is crappy weather today here in Atlanta...I need to run, not sure if I can make out there in this rain...but my spirits are buoyed by the Boston weather: partly sunny, 51..please, please.

Yesterday was not a good run. 12 miles, the pace went fine, but I was 'anxious'. I kept telling myself, this is the last substantial run, nothing must go wrong, blah, blah, blah...I hope no one is eating right now, skip down a paragraph.

At mile 6.5, we stopped for water, (I was running with JW). I was overcome with a wave, that perhaps I was not suffering from anxiety and ran to the bathroom. Not all anxiety is in your head. Note to self...no salmon and goat cheese or hot and sour soup on race weekend.

The shoes may ultimately do me in. I get knee and shin twinges that I don't get with my Landreth shoes. But I am not ready to give up the speed the Speed Stars give me.

My butt was incredibly tight post run. Lot's of stretching/rolling/icing. Some relief. I woke up at some point in the night with severe pain in my butt...but now that I am really awake, I might have been dreaming.

So week two of the taper, the final countdown, my butt hurts, my shoes hurt...and I am having a clothing crisis for race day....

No comments:

Post a Comment