Friday, April 10, 2009

It's not the mountain that we conquer, but ourselves..

We are now at 47 degrees, cloudy, pm rain. This keeps me busy on a low mileage week.

More shoe celebration! I ran 7 today, the first five, easish...the last two 7:48. It was fast, but it didn't hurt, except the twinge in my knee...

So, I went to pilates again last night...I liked it! I might even join the studio, gives you access to their gym, which would be helpful, as my gym membership has expired.

I treated myself to dinner at Whole Foods last night! This was after treating myself to pizza at lunch!? This is what my life is reduced to when I cut back on my running. I talk about my other hobby, food

MS called today with a garmin crisis, she was thrilled when I easily solved it, (my job title is, solution mgr...) and yesterday I got a got an email shoutout from HA, giving me credit for my running, and my motivations I have shared with her.

Where I am going with this...somewhere along the path, I have managed to share the joy and inspiration I find in running, and my friends are catching it. They come to me for advice and even credit me with some of their success. That gets me a little emotional, to see people do something, they never believed they could do, and they think I had a role in it? A friend told me recently, how lucky I was that I found my passion, and even luckier that I could share the passion and people respond. I think about that a lot, and I am very lucky..: - )

No comments:

Post a Comment