Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Speed Day

Every other week I have a run that incorporates 'X' number of half marathon pace miles. It scares me. First, I am an 'urban runner', I live in the city, which means traffic, and secondly, Atlanta is hilly! Finally, there is the pace, missing it is a huge confidence sucker.

So I wake up and check the weather...100% humidity, fantastic...

I get out there, plan for 4 warm up miles, 5 at pace, one cool down. I start all kinds of excuses, my hip, knee, back, hair, it all hurts, and I can't breathe.

I jump into the first mile, goal, 7:47, Amy: 7:39 whoo hoo! Miles 2-4, 7:47, (I am nothing if not goal oriented.) Mile 5: 7:35. I am thrilled, and fast!

Kidding aside, I am very surprised, I didn't think I was feeling it, and I was having some tummy issues, the coffee never kicked in. Today, this is a personal blog, but we might go live, so we will leave it at that. My problem is not running the hills, it is running them fast, for long periods of time.

Tomorrow is 'Needling', more on that, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment