Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Speed Thrills!

This a.m. was my 4th speed workout of the training cycle. Which is 4 more than I did for Columbus and 3.75 more than I did for Boston last year! (Last year, I did one 800M, started the second and just stopped...and never went back...: - ) I hate speed work, but 4-4, yeah!

It was uneventful. Not my best paces, my warm up went slow and the track was heavy. It is packed dirt? And with a weekend of rain, it was messy and it slowed me down. That is my excuse anyway...: - )

My paces, if anyone is interested, are 5@600M based on the pace for a mile:

7:14
7:15
7:07
7:05
7:02

It is an average of 7:09, the goal was 7:05, but remember the dirt was heavy!

You will notice I picked up speed as I went along. I also picked up a cheering squad halfway in. There were some guys also doing speed drills and they would cheer me as I went by, starting with #3. Hey, I enjoy performing for a crowd...!

I was happy, happy with the consistency, getting out there when I don't want to do it. Last week, while in FL, I had to do 5@1000M. Kicked a$$. It was flat, no cars, I averaged 6:50, nice!

Last week was a lot of wine fueled drinking, so as you can imagine, wasn't great. I did those 1000's on my first morning there, so I wasn't drunk yet. I got the miles in, but they were unpleasant.

This is 'Peak Week', it is just work, sleep, eat and run, and try to make it to Sunday with 62 miles in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment